This Handyman Zoo Guarantee (the “Handyman Zoo Guarantee“) is a part of Your Handyman Zoo Membership and incorporated into Your Handyman Zoo Membership Benefits and Privileges Agreement (“Membership Agreement“) by this reference. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in Your Membership Agreement.
Handyman Zoo, Inc. (“Handyman Zoo“, “We“, “Us“, or “Our”) stands behind its network of home repair service specialists (each a “Specialist”). According to the terms and conditions established below, if You are not reasonably satisfied with the specialist who performed repair works at Your home, Handyman Zoo will seek to rectify the situation. This is Our commitment to You, and together with the following terms, constitute the Handyman Zoo Guarantee.
Please Note: The Handyman Zoo Guarantee applies only in case if You have paid in in full, for any Service Job completed by a specialist via the Handyman Zoo Payment Processing System, via check payable to Handyman Zoo or via other authorized means.
The terms and conditions for the Handyman Zoo Guarantee are:
- The Handyman Zoo Guarantee
- Description. The Handyman Zoo Guarantee only applies to the scope of the Service Job (including only the part(s) or component(s) that were serviced, repaired, or replaced during the Service Job) to which a Claim, defined below, relates and not to the item that was serviced, repaired or replaced more broadly. For instance, if an item’s component that was repaired as part of the Service Job subsequently requires repair again within the defined period, the Handyman Zoo Guarantee applies to that component. But if another component of the same item subsequently requires repair and that was out of scope of the Service Job, the Handyman Zoo Guarantee does not apply, and that subsequent repair shall be considered a new Service Job request. If You are not reasonably satisfied with a specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate), We will, in Our sole discretion:
- Send the initial specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) to Your job site to try to remedy the situation;
- Send a different Handyman Zoo specialist, at Our expense, to Your job site to try to remedy the situation; or
- Reimburse the sum You paid to Handyman Zoo for any work that We agree was deficient.
In addition, the Handyman Zoo Guarantee does not apply for the following situations:
- If You materially alter or modify any equipment, parts, service or work provided by the specialist, except to the extent necessary to minimize damage to Your home/premises or such fix or repair was necessitated by exigent circumstances (such as power outage, loss of water, or water damage), as determined by Handyman Zoo in its sole discretion.
- If, at the time of the performance of the Service Job, You refused to follow the specialist’s (or Handyman Zoo Associate’s) recommendations to address any issues identified during the Service Job or other issues that may have been discovered during the performance of the Service Job.
- The Service Job was not performed.
- The Service Job was performed outside Your Member Benefit (e.g., the Handyman Zoo Home Repair Service) and/or not paid for through the Handyman Zoo Payment Processing System (unless otherwise instructed by Handyman Zoo).
- Any dissatisfaction with pricing for the Service Job provided by Us or with any Service Window limitations.
- Claims not documented in their entirety to Our satisfaction.
- Service Job was completed more than thirty (30) days in the case of an eligible Service Job backed by the specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) before date of filing a Claim.
- Claims caused by prior service or contractor not already covered by the Handyman Zoo Guarantee.
- Pre-existing conditions, or latent or unforeseeable defects in the home premises.
- Claims due to the negligence of the Member or a third party (other than the specialist or the Handyman Zoo Associate).
- Claims related to a manufacturer’s or a product’s defects.
- Claims which are not related to the Service Job.
- Claims arising out of acts of God, including but not limited to pandemic, earthquakes, pollution, terrorist attacks, and weather conditions such as rain, wind, hurricane, tornado, flood, etc.
Furthermore, the Your Handyman Zoo Guarantee coverage may be limited in the situations described below:
- A violation of the Membership Agreement.
- Claims with incomplete documentation.
- Claims related to Non-Covered Appliance Services.
- Claims arising from improper use of an item (as defined by the manufacturer).
- Claims involving work that exceeds the final scope of the Service Job.
- Claims involving products or services, or uses of either, that are prohibited by law.
- Claims related to a Service Job completed without a Member present unless a Member Agent was present.
- Claims resulting from items (including but not limited to tools) supplied by Member or resulting from the Member’s explicit instructions (e.g., Member instructs the Handyman Zoo Associate to perform an action that results in damages during the Service Job).
- Filing and Processing a Claim
- Timing for Submission of Claims. If You choose to submit a claim under the Handyman Zoo Guarantee, You must submit the claim in compliance with the process described herein within thirty (30) days after work on the Service Job has concluded. Any claims submitted after thirty (30) days will be invalid. All information provided during the claim process must be accurate and complete.
- Filing a Claim. If You wish to file a Claim, You must fill out the form provided at handymanzoo.com. When you file a Claim, You are agreeing that We may share Your Claim and all the information You provide Us with the applicable specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) that was initially referred to You to complete the Service Job at issue. To submit the Claim, You will be required to provide the following information: Your name, address, the name of the specialist, and a full description of the reasons for Your dissatisfaction with the specialist. If Your dissatisfaction is related to the quality of the work performed by the specialist, please describe the Service Job, and the issue, and such other information or documentation (including photos) as will help Us assess Your Claim. You represent and warrant that all information included on Your Claim form or otherwise provided to Us and all documentation You submit relating to Your claim will be complete and accurate. We will decide if the evidence You provide is reasonable and sufficient, in Our sole discretion, and if so, We will process Your claim in accordance with the ProConnect Guarantee. We reserve the right to request additional information relating to Your Claim at any time, and Your rights under the Handyman Zoo Guarantee are subject to Your providing Us with all requested information. Handyman Zoo will address Your claim within the shortest timeframe possible, but You acknowledge that it may take up to six weeks from the time You submit Your Claim and all required documentation to complete resolution of Your Claim. However, We will have no liability for any failure to resolve or make payment for Your Claim within this projected time period. Furthermore, if You fix or repair (or hire another service provider to fix or repair) any problem that resulted in the filing of Your original Claim with Us prior to Us processing and resolving Your Claim, Your Claim will be automatically disqualified and You will be ineligible to receive any payment from Us for that Claim, unless such fix or repair was necessitated by exigent circumstances (such as power outage, loss of water, or water damage), as determined by Handyman Zoo in its sole discretion.
- Validation of Claim. Upon receipt of Your Claim and documentation, We will assess Your Claim to determine its validity and, if so, We will determine the proper resolution. You agree that We may disclose to the specialist, that initially accepted the Service Job at issue, the information You provide relating to Your Claim and the services provided to You. We reserve the right to determine in Our sole discretion that Your Claim is invalid. We will notify You of Our decision via email. You agree to cooperate with Us with respect to the resolution We choose. Any refunds made by Us to You or actions that We may take under this policy will be in exchange for a full and final release of liability against Handyman Zoo. We may require You to sign an agreement confirming such release, as a condition to any such arrangements, but, regardless, Your acceptance of such remedies shall constitute Your agreement to such a release.
- Unable to Validate Claim. If We deem Your Claim invalid, We may consult with You to find other ways that We may bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion, such as, for instance, aiding You in direct discussions with the assigned specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) or suggesting alternative dispute resolution options.
- Miscellaneous Terms
- Changes to the Handyman Zoo Guarantee. We reserve the right to change the Handyman Zoo Guarantee at any moment. We will notify You of changes to Handyman Zoo Guarantee by placing the revised Handyman Zoo Guarantee on this website with a new “Last Updated” date. You should check the date appearing at the beginning of the Handyman Zoo Guarantee and review any changes since the last version. The revised Handyman Zoo Guarantee will be effective when posted. However, the Handyman Zoo Guarantee in effect on the date of Your most recent Service Job will apply to any Claim You make with respect to the services provided by a specialist or Handyman Zoo Associate.
- How to Contact Us. If You have any inquiries about the Handyman Zoo Guarantee, You may may contact Us via email at email@example.com.
- Termination. We may terminate the Handyman Zoo Guarantee, in whole or in part, at any time for any reason in Our sole discretion. Any such termination will not affect the availability of the Handyman Zoo Guarantee for any Service Jobs completed before such termination, but will be effective going forward as of the time the Handyman Zoo Guarantee was terminated.
- Dispute Resolution and Class Action Waiver. For any disputes arising out of the Handyman Zoo Guarantee, please see the Dispute Resolution provision of the Membership Agreement, which apply here as well.
THE MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER WHICH ARE APPLICABLE TO THIS HANDYMAN ZOO GUARANTEE AND AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THE ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS CAREFULLY.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of this Handyman Zoo Guarantee shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions shall not be affected. When used in this Handyman Zoo Guarantee, the term “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation.” No person, entity or agent, including any Handyman Zoo employee, specialist or Handyman Zoo Associate, may modify the terms of this Handyman Zoo Guarantee other than in writing signed by an authorized representative of Handyman Zoo. You may not assign or transfer the terms of the Handyman Zoo Guarantee, and no party shall be a third-party beneficiary of these terms. The terms of this Handyman Zoo Guarantee are not intended to and shall not be construed to give any person or entity other than You and Us any interest or rights (including, without limitation, any third-party beneficiary rights) with respect to or in connection with any agreement or provision contained herein or contemplated hereby. Handyman Zoo reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to eliminate the Handyman Zoo Guarantee altogether or alter, modify or delete any of the terms of this Handyman Zoo Guarantee at any time, effective with or without prior notice and without any liability to You. If You consider any future changes to this Handyman Zoo Guarantee unacceptable, You must immediately stop using Your Handyman Zoo Membership or the applicable Member Benefit (e.g., the Handyman Zoo Home Repair Service). Your continued use of Your Handyman Zoo Membership or any Member Benefits following any revision or modification to this Handyman Zoo Guarantee constitutes Your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
- Entire Agreement. This Handyman Zoo Guarantee, together with the Membership Agreement, constitutes the entire and only agreement between Handyman Zoo and each Member with respect to the Handyman Zoo Guarantee and supersedes any and all earlier or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings, written or oral, with respect to the subject matter of this Handyman Zoo Guarantee.