INSTALL TANK WATER HEATER (CUSTOMER SUPPLIED)
Hire a Handyman Zoo specialist to install a tank water heater you have already purchased.
INSTALL TANK WATER HEATER INFORMATION
There can be many reasons why you need a new water heater. Maybe your current heater is broken beyond repair or maybe you are moving into a brand new house where you need to install everything from scratch. If any of this sounds like your situation, book an appointment with a Handyman Zoo plumber.
Our plumbers will arrive on the same day if needed and install a new heater quickly and expertly for you for many years to enjoy. All Handyman Zoo plumbers are licensed and have many years of experience installing tankless and tank water heaters and electrical and gas water heaters.
Even though the quality of our installation service is exceptional keep in mind the following rules which will help your new heater to last longer:
- Among many models available on the market, choose a well-insulated water heater. It’s more energy efficient.
- When purchasing a new water heater make sure that you are choosing a size and type that fits best for your house and the lifestyles of your family. Is your hot water heater electric or natural gas? Do you need quick recovery after multiple showers?
- Always keep your water heater at an even 120 degrees. This temperature does not allow harmful bacteria to grow there and at the same time keep your electricity bill low.
- Make sure to replace the Sacrificial Anode Rod in a timely fashion to ensure most of the rod has not been consumed. If more than 6 inches of the rod are gone, do not delay calling a professional service to replace it. Otherwise, there is a high chance of corrosion.
- From time to time, check on the pressure release valve. If it’s not operating correctly, your tank can get damaged under the wrong pressure.
Installing a tank or tankless water heater supplied by a customer
- Electric or gas water heater
- Removing and disposing of your old water heater
- Draining the tank
- Testing the gas line for leaks
- 2 stainless steel water supply lines
- Parts need for the installation, including:
- Drip pan
- Earthquake strap
- Flexible gas line and gas shutoff valve for a gas water heater
- Water shutoff valve (ball valve)
- Sediment trap
- T & P valve
- A.O. Smith
- Bradford White
- A new water heater instead of a broken one
- A better model of a water heater
- A New Water Heater
- Flexible lines and trap fittings
- Converting size (e.g. 40 gallons to 50 gallons), power source (e.g. gas to electric), or water heater type (e.g. storage tank to tankless)
- Labor and materials to relocate water heater or retrofit existing water heater location
- Necessary electric, water, gas and venting connections must be available already
- Obtaining city permits
- Handyman Zoo applies the best efforts to ensure the highest quality of our services. If you are not reasonably satisfied with our job, we will return to your home and fix the problem. Terms and conditions apply
Dishwasher was making a wonky noise on Monday. He came over, that day mind you. It's the motor, the busted DW was at least ten years. It was time to upgrade and update, but alas... I complained, yeah a replacement is probably the better option then fixing the motor; but I can't find anyone to install it in the middle of the pandemic! He's like! HELLO, I install them! Today is Friday and we have a new, competitively priced AND installed Bosch. I've never been happier to do dishes. Thank you!
Amazing job! I called and they were able to get to me within the week. When Fernando gave me my time frame I explained I had to drop my daughter to dance and he made sure to make sure his tech was here before that time. I handed the tech what I was priced over the phone due to my service being so quick and easy he refunded me back some money after calling and speaking with Fernando. Very honest trust worthy group of men. I'll definitely be calling them in the further for all my appliance service needs.
In the midst of a pandemic our washing machine broke. No luck in fixing it or even figuring out what was wrong with it. Called a couple of places near us and the appointments we could get were over a week away. Stuck in the house with no washing machine, Yikes! Then we remembered we had had Fernando fix out dryer a couple of years ago, after a google search we found his business and called him. He came the next day! All outfitted in Coronavirus protective gear, fixed it in about a half hour at reasonable cost too. A great fellow and a reliable repairman. I highly recommend him!
Heart sunk when my LG combo washer/dryer started spewing water on the floor. Within 30 minutes of calling Fernando and describing the issue, he showed up, friendly, courteous, and non-judgmental about what I had clearly done to break my appliance. Quick fix, and then he spent extra time running diagnostics to confirm and checked the surroundings to make sure all that water didn't damage anything, and even mopped up the floor. Charged me the base consult fee that he quoted me over the phone. Will definitely call him the next time something breaks.