This Low Price Guarantee (“Low Price Guarantee”) is a part of Your Handyman Zoo Membership and incorporated into Your Handyman Zoo Membership Benefits and Privileges Agreement (“Membership Agreement”) by this reference. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined shall have the meanings set forth in Your Membership Agreement.
Handyman Zoo, Inc. (“Handyman Zoo”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”) stands behind the pricing and estimates that We have established. Accordingly, subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, if You obtain a Qualifying Estimate, as more fully described below, that is less than Our Estimate, We will reduce the Estimate.
- Low Price Guarantee. One of the difficulties in purchasing home repair services is the uncertainty over whether You are paying a fair price. We have done extensive research and have talked to the independent service specialists in Our network, and We believe the pricing We offer is among the lowest rates in the industry. We are willing to stand behind this claim by offering You the Handyman Zoo Low Price Guarantee. If You obtain a Qualifying Estimate, as more fully described below (a “Qualifying Estimate”), which is lower than the Estimate provided by the specialist or Handyman Zoo Associate, We will reduce the Estimate to match the price up to a maximum reduction of $2,500 (the “Cap”). Alternatively, if You obtain a Qualifying Estimate within ten (10) days after the completion of work, We will reimburse the difference, up to the Cap. In either scenario, We will also give You a fifty-dollar ($50.00) coupon which You can use for a future job performed by Handyman Zoo with a minimum cost of $100, which will be credited to Your Handyman Zoo account, subject to the terms and conditions established below.
THE LOW PRICE GUARANTEE IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO SERVICES WHERE THE PRICE IS DISPLAYED ON THE HANDYMAN ZOO WEBSITE. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR DIAGNOSTIC CHARGES, CUSTOM SERVICE JOBS, CARPET CLEANING SERVICES OR ANY OTHER NON-HOME REPAIR RELATED SERVICES.
This Low Price Guarantee is subject to the additional terms and conditions listed below.
- Notification Procedures.
- If You have competing estimates when You are presented the Estimated Repair Cost by the specialist or Handyman Zoo Associate, You should provide to him or her the competing estimates. The specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) will then contact Handyman Zoo via a phone call to discuss whether the estimate is a Qualifying Estimate. If so, You will receive a discount equal to the amount of the difference in the price for the service (up to the Cap), which You will see when You will be paying for the Service Job upon completion. If, however, We are unable to immediately determine Your eligibility for such a discount, You will be required to pay in full. You will then show the estimate to Handyman Zoo (per the instructions below), within ten (10) days of completion of the Service Job, and if We assess the written estimate as a Qualifying Estimate, You will receive a reimbursement in accordance with these terms.
- If, within ten (10) days after the completion of a Job, You believe that You have found a lower price, you will to provide Us the following information: Your name, address, a description and the date of the Service Job contracted for and performed, together with a clear copy of the competing estimate. You may provide Us this information via email at email@example.com. If We decide that the estimate is a Qualifying Estimate, We will provide You with a reimbursement (up to the Cap) within twenty one (21) days after such decision has been made.
- We will determine, in Our sole discretion, if a reimbursement, credit or coupon is warranted based on the information that You provide and Our own investigation. We may ask for extra information if We believe necessary to fully assess Your claim. We will not accept purported evidence of a lower price that cannot be independently confirmed by Handyman Zoo staff. Nor will We approve a claim that We believe, in Our sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith. If We determine that a reimbursement, credit or coupon has been fraudulently obtained, We will seek to recover all such amounts from you, including by charging Your credit card if You paid by credit card.
- An Estimate is a Qualifying Estimate Only if it’s “Apples to Apples.”
- Must be for the exact same service. For example, if the specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) unclogged Your main line, You cannot submit an estimate to unclog a sink (even if the professional providing the competing estimate believes that unclogging the main line was unnecessary). Sometimes reasonable service professionals may not agree on the diagnosis of a particular problem and this Low Price Guarantee is not intended to address that situation. However, We continue to offer Our industry leading Handyman Zoo Guarantee ( handymanzoo.com/handymanzoo-guarantee/)if You are dissatisfied with the job.
- Must include the same quality materials contemplated by the Estimate provided by Your specialist or Handyman Zoo Associate. The Low Price Guarantee is only intended to address lower prices that involve the same quality materials contemplated by the Estimate provided by Your Handyman Zoo or Pro Associate.
- Must be from a comparably qualified professional with similar credentials. For example, if a specialist (or Handyman Zoo Associate) is a licensed plumber, the competing estimate must acome from a licensed plumber as well.
- Must come from a professional in the same geographic area. There are regional differences in pricing and the Low Price Guarantee is only intended to address lower prices offered by service professionals in the same region.
- Rules Regarding Coupons.
- The coupon will only be provided upon receipt of the written estimate supporting the Low Price Guarantee (this applies even if the estimate has been determined to be a Qualifying Estimate via a phone call).
- Limit of one (1) $50 coupon per Service Job and three (3) coupons per household per year (regardless of the number of Member Accounts used by the household).
- Each coupon awarded is valid for one (1) year from the month of issuance. Handyman Zoo reserves the right to render any coupon void that Handyman Zoo issues in excess of these limits, issued by mistake, or where it is discovered that the Member is ineligible to receive a coupon or has been deemed by Handyman Zoo to be abusing the Handyman Zoo Low Price Guarantee program for personal or financial gains.
- Changes. Handyman Zoo reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter or cancel the Low Price Guarantee, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. We will notify You of changes to Low Price Guarantee by revised terms on this website with a new “Last Updated” date. You should check the date of the terms appearing at the beginning of the terms and review any changes since the last version. Revised terms will be effective when posted. The terms that are in effect at the time of Your booking an appointment for a Handyman Zoo job will determine Your eligibility under the Low Price Guarantee. The failure by Handyman Zoo to enforce any provision of these Low Price Guarantee terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Dispute Resolution and Class Action Waiver. For any disputes arising out of this Low Price Guarantee, please see the Dispute Resolution provision of the Membership Agreement handymanzoo.com/terms-of-use/ which apply here as well.
THE MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER WHICH ARE APPLICABLE TO THIS LOW PRICE GUARANTEE AND AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THE ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS CAREFULLY.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of this Low Price Guarantee shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions shall not be affected. When used in this Low Price Guarantee, the term “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation.” No person, entity or agent, including any Handyman Zoo employee, specialist or Handyman Zoo Associate, may alter the terms of this Low Price Guarantee other than in writing signed by an authorized representative of Handyman Zoo. You may not assign or transfer the terms of the Low Price Guarantee, and no party shall be a third-party beneficiary of these terms. The terms of this Low Price Guarantee are not intended to and shall not be construed to give any person or entity other than You and Us any interest or rights (including, without limitation, any third-party beneficiary rights) with respect to or in connection with any agreement or provision contained herein or contemplated hereby. Handyman Zoo reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to eliminate the Low Price Guarantee altogether or change, modify or delete any of the terms of this Low Price Guarantee at any time, effective with or without prior notice and without any liability to you. If any future changes to this Low Price Guarantee are unacceptable to you, You must immediately stop using Your Handyman Zoo Membership or the applicable Member Benefit (e.g., the Handyman Zoo Service). Your continued use of Your Handyman Zoo Membership or any Member Benefits following any revision or modification to this Low Price Guarantee constitutes Your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
- Entire Agreement. This Low Price Guarantee, together with the Membership Agreement, constitutes the entire and only agreement between Handyman Zoo and each Member with respect to the Low Price Guarantee and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings, written or oral, with respect to the subject matter of this Low Price Guarantee.