INSTALL TANK WATER HEATER (CUSTOMER SUPPLIED)
Hire a Handyman Zoo specialist to install a tank water heater you have already purchased.
INSTALL TANK WATER HEATER INFORMATION
There can be many reasons why you need a new water heater. Maybe your current heater is broken beyond repair or maybe you are moving into a brand new house where you need to install everything from scratch. If any of this sounds like your situation, book an appointment with a Handyman Zoo plumber.
Our plumbers will arrive on the same day if needed and install a new heater quickly and expertly for you for many years to enjoy. All Handyman Zoo plumbers are licensed and have many years of experience installing tankless and tank water heaters and electrical and gas water heaters.
Even though the quality of our installation service is exceptional keep in mind the following rules which will help your new heater to last longer:
- Among many models available on the market, choose a well-insulated water heater. It’s more energy efficient.
- When purchasing a new water heater make sure that you are choosing a size and type that fits best for your house and the lifestyles of your family. Is your hot water heater electric or natural gas? Do you need quick recovery after multiple showers?
- Always keep your water heater at an even 120 degrees. This temperature does not allow harmful bacteria to grow there and at the same time keep your electricity bill low.
- Make sure to replace the Sacrificial Anode Rod in a timely fashion to ensure most of the rod has not been consumed. If more than 6 inches of the rod are gone, do not delay calling a professional service to replace it. Otherwise, there is a high chance of corrosion.
- From time to time, check on the pressure release valve. If it’s not operating correctly, your tank can get damaged under the wrong pressure.
Installing a tank or tankless water heater supplied by a customer
- Electric or gas water heater
- Removing and disposing of your old water heater
- Draining the tank
- Testing the gas line for leaks
- 2 stainless steel water supply lines
- Parts need for the installation, including:
- Drip pan
- Earthquake strap
- Flexible gas line and gas shutoff valve for a gas water heater
- Water shutoff valve (ball valve)
- Sediment trap
- T & P valve
- A.O. Smith
- Bradford White
- A new water heater instead of a broken one
- A better model of a water heater
- A New Water Heater
- Flexible lines and trap fittings
- Converting size (e.g. 40 gallons to 50 gallons), power source (e.g. gas to electric), or water heater type (e.g. storage tank to tankless)
- Labor and materials to relocate water heater or retrofit existing water heater location
- Necessary electric, water, gas and venting connections must be available already
- Obtaining city permits
- Handyman Zoo applies the best efforts to ensure the highest quality of our services. If you are not reasonably satisfied with our job, we will return to your home and fix the problem. Terms and conditions apply